- between 16 and 22 years of age?
- living with a chronic health condition?
- want support with managing your health condition?
You could be eligible to participate in a paid research study! See below for full details:
Purpose of Study
We are conducting a study to examine the efficacy of a peer coaching intervention, Peer i-Coaching for Activated Self-Management Optimization (PiCASO), on self-management outcomes for adolescents and young adults (AYAs) living with chronic health conditions. The PiCASO intervention uses a telephone/text based secure interface to allow AYAs access to knowledge, experience, and support from a trained peer coach.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the criteria for participation in the study?
- Between 16 and 22 years of age
- Diagnosed during childhood with one of the following:
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Severe Asthma
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Organ Transplant
- Cancer Survivor
- Read and speak English
- Access to smartphone
What are the criteria for becoming a peer coach?
- Young adult between 18 and 30 years of age
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Reads and speaks English
- Access to internet via computer or tablet
- Access to telephone
- Available for two two-day, in-person trainings
- Available to work 6-10 hours per week
For more information about this study, visit the Clinicaltrials.gov website.